The Long Trip Home...
Just a quick little story about traveling home...So we left the Mara around 4pm on Monday. We flew into Wilson airport just outside Nairobi and proceeded to drive two hours through horrendous traffic back to the Safari Park Hotel (normally a 30 minute drive). We'd no sooner gotten there that I had to turn around and hop in another cab back to the International airport (other side of town) for an hour drive for my flight at 11:30pm. (Kacey stayed behind to head back to Ethiopia with Coy for the remainder of the week so I was traveling alone).
Got on the flight and found I was seated in a middle seat between a family (mom breast feeding a 3 year old on my right side, large dad taking up half my seat on my left!). Needless to say there was not much sleep involved!
I somehow managed the 8 hour flight, got back to Zurich and walked into the apartment....to find that our cleaning lady had locked poor Oscar on the balcony. For the past five days. With no food and water. In torrential downpour rain.
Braden & Josh are threatening to report us to the Swiss Federal Animal Protection Agency. I promise he is okay, just a little shaken up and feeling very clingy!
No comments:
Post a Comment