Friday, June 15, 2007

Key West - Florida

June 6 - 11: On June 9th, my dear friends Caitlin and Simmon were married in Key West Florida. Unfortunately, Andy was all set to head out for Africa for work, so I made the trip alone.

Three flights and nearly 20 hours later, I was safe and sound in beautiful Key West visiting with my girlfriends from high school and the Woolman family with whom I grew up. We had three action-packed filled days of beautiful weather, tropical drinks and shopping along Duval Street.
(Girlfriends since 7th grade - Amy, Caitlin, Shannon & Alice)
(Girls night out)(Shannon & Amy at Mile Zero)

The whole group (about 25 in all) did a snorkel / sunset cruise on Thursday. The boat was rocking pretty good and unbeknownst to most on board, I actually got sea-sick on our way back to the harbor! Thankfully I made it to the bathroom and didn't make too big of a scene! Despite that, it was a really beautiful trip and the sunset was just amazing.
(The whole snorkel crew)

The weekend culminated with Caitlin and Simmon's wedding ceremony at the Hemingway Home on Saturday night. The ceremony was very touching and full of Key West character (roosters crowing, mopeds zipping by). It went off without a hitch, and the reception was gorgeous in the garden at Hemingway's. The food was absolutely top-notch, the rum punches were bottomless ;-) and the dancing went all night...though I won't attach the photos to protect those involved!
(Amy, Candice and Shannon right before the ceremony)
(Cait & Si just after the ceremony)
(Shan, Cait, Candice, Amy at the reception)
(Bride & Groom)

1 comment:

Braden and Anna said...

Bring on the Kenya pics! I want to see them!!