Sunday, September 21, 2008

Last trip home for a long while....

At the moment I am sitting in the Seattle airport killing time before my flight. Andy and I are unfortunately flying home separately so I had to get here a little early to get him sent off.

It is hard to describe how hard it is for me to leave Seattle right now! Knowing that this is the last time we will see family and best friends (especially my mom!!)until we are parents is a little overwhelming.

This trip home was as always packed with visits and of course, a wedding :) Robin and Chris, friends of mine (ours) for a long time finally tied the knot in a beautiful and extremely touching ceremony in Bellingham this past weekend. It was so great to see their families and spend some quality time with them before their big day. The wedding was an absolute blast.

In the week-ish leading up to the wedding we really made the most of our time! Andy's family from Walla Walla all drove over and threw us a family baby shower at Bill & Lea's (Seahawks game and beer for the boys). Everyone was soo generous and it is official that our little girl will be the best dressed baby on the block. We were able to pack up all our awesome gifts (play-yards, bouncers, breast pumps galore) and all are successfully checked in as I type :) But man, it's tough sharing your suitcase with another woman! We even bit the bullet and bought the infamous Bugaboo stroller and have that on its way to Zurich as well. Fun, fun!

Caitlin and Alice also threw us a super cute shower with some of my girlfriends (and their husbands) from high school. Simmon whipped up his scrumptious enchiladas and we were again spoiled with adorable baby clothes. This kid has a nicer wardrobe than either of her parents, that is for sure!

We also had the most relaxing two-day visit with my Mom & Loren - it is always so wonderful spending time with them, our little foursome. It feels like no time has gone by between visits. Their house is just beautiful and it is so zen sitting in their living room looking out on the water and San Juan islands. We always cook my favorite dinners and of course, enjoy lots of wine :) We were finally able to christen their new gazebo with a magnum (yes, magnum) of champagne split between the three of them (poor me) and big King Crab legs fresh from Pike's Place Market. It was so hard to say good-bye until next March when they'll be coming to Zurich to help Andy and I with the baby.

Well, that (just about) sums up the highlights.

Thanks so much to EVERYone for the beautiful gifts for baby, she is one lucky little girl already, and she's got about 20 weeks left in the cooker!

I will post some pictures once I get back to Switzerland...I already miss you all so much!

No comments: