Friday, July 17, 2009

The Last Chocolate!

Today I dedicate the last chocolate from my "advent calendar" to my husband! Which means today is my last working day at PwC, EVER. The computer and cell phone are to be turned in in T-minus 2 hours -- I am a free woman!

For those of you who know me well, you know how good it feels to finally write that!

At the moment I have no plans to job hunt upon my return to the US -- we are going to get settled into our place and I'm going to stay home with Hadley until she's just a bit older. I have to thank Andy for making this possible - staying home with Hadley is my favorite thing in the world and I know he would trade me places in a heartbeat. He is such an amazing husband and father, I really could not be luckier! I told him I promise to bake cookies at least once a week, have dinner on the table as often as possible and iron occasionally in exchange for this :)

Thanks to all of you (especially Andy) who supported me through my 6 years in public accounting, listened to me whine through busy seasons (and the CPA exam) and met me for long lunches and happy hours on Fridays (you know who you are).

I will miss the 5 weeks of vacation, the overtime compensation, a few wonderful friends I met along the way and to be completely honest, I might have to find something to spreadsheet so I can fill that little mini void...but for now, I am more than happy to be up to my ears in diapers and baby food and feel so privileged to have the cutest girl in the world smiling at me all day!

1 comment:

Mike Fiechtner said...

Congrats! No more public accounting is a good thing! Thank you for your help too because I remember you were the reason I got some of those CPA materials...and finally passed. Please make sure to always remember Peter Olinto and if you're ever in New York to have him buy you a cup of coffee! Are you guys coming back to Seattle? Hope so!