It's no secret that we said over and over that we weren't going to find out what we're having...we went from having every intention of being surprised at delivery, to toying with finding out and keeping it to the two of us...to heck with it all - we're finding out and shouting it from the rooftops! We decided it is much better to share our complete JOY in announcing that come May, Hadley will be a big sister to her new little BROTHER! We are absolutely thrilled - I can say now, that I've had a deep down gut feeling all along that this baby was a boy...and I wanted it to be SO BADLY that I kept telling anyone who asked that I was certain it was a girl. A part of me didn't want to jinx it, be wrong, and then have everyone think I was disappointed if we'd had a second girl - that wouldn't have been true at all! I really hoped for Andy to have a boy, and I thought a girl / boy combination of 15 months apart would be better all around for both siblings rather than two girls battling it out in the teenage years. Really, either way becoming a parent again would've been such an awesome gift - but knowing today that we are having a boy, was just a huge and wonderful surprise. To heck with everyone that says waiting until delivery day is the only way to go! We will never forget the day we sat down on our couch and opened our little envelope that told us about our son.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
It's a BOY!!
It's no secret that we said over and over that we weren't going to find out what we're having...we went from having every intention of being surprised at delivery, to toying with finding out and keeping it to the two of us...to heck with it all - we're finding out and shouting it from the rooftops! We decided it is much better to share our complete JOY in announcing that come May, Hadley will be a big sister to her new little BROTHER! We are absolutely thrilled - I can say now, that I've had a deep down gut feeling all along that this baby was a boy...and I wanted it to be SO BADLY that I kept telling anyone who asked that I was certain it was a girl. A part of me didn't want to jinx it, be wrong, and then have everyone think I was disappointed if we'd had a second girl - that wouldn't have been true at all! I really hoped for Andy to have a boy, and I thought a girl / boy combination of 15 months apart would be better all around for both siblings rather than two girls battling it out in the teenage years. Really, either way becoming a parent again would've been such an awesome gift - but knowing today that we are having a boy, was just a huge and wonderful surprise. To heck with everyone that says waiting until delivery day is the only way to go! We will never forget the day we sat down on our couch and opened our little envelope that told us about our son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So this is how the magic card looks like! Baby looking great! :)
Post a Comment