Thursday, July 7, 2011
Binky Free
Freeeeeeeeeedommmmmm! From the binky that is! Both kids, binky free baby! It was surprisingly easy to get them away from Hadley. I made a decision yesterday that I was done hunting for the 8 binkies all over the house / yard. So I did something even I couldn't fix, just in case I lost my nerve. I cut the tips off all of them and put them in a box. I sat down and told Hadley that the binky fairy came and broke all the binkies to help her give them up since she's a big girl now. She went down for her nap, and though she didn't sleep for much of the two hours she was in her crib, she didn't really cry. She woke up asking about the binkies and we just kept talking about how they were broken, and then I'd switch the subject. Bed time was harder, she really cried for about 40 minutes (but didn't attempt to get out of her crib at all) and finally conked out. She woke up happy as can be, and went down for her nap this afternoon with zero crying, and zero mention of the binkies. I am so happy! I hated those things! Lesson learned, no binkies past the age of one. Good job to my little Hadley!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment