Since the birthday girl was a bit under the weather last weekend we rescheduled her party and celebrated Saturday instead. So glad we did, because Hadley had a B-L-A-S-T and I think it's safe to say so did everyone else (what's that you say? FUN at a kid party? oh yes.) And I can prove it!
Get ready for a lot of pictures.
First of all, Hadley's friend Macy showed up to the party dressed like Cinderella. It was awesome. All the kids thought that I'd actually hired Cinderella to get their picture taken with, score one for mom & dad! Thanks Mace!
It turns out that three year olds really like presents....A lot of our friends have been having these "no gifts please" parties lately and to be honest, I just don't get it. I swear this child probably would've hit mock five melt down devastation if these gifts hadn't shown up...so thank you, everyone. Really.
(Don't you love Frampa Guy in this picture? All the adults actually. Great action shot.)
It turned out that our friends the Garratts had gotten Hadley her very own 'Princess in a Bag' as her gift...so naturally she stripped down for a costume change the moment she saw the new digs.
She definitely has a flair for the dramatic. I think she gets it from Andy.
In the mean time this little bugger was mowing over some cupcakes like he meant it!
No he didn't have a sugar high at all that evening...
Quite pleased with himself, yes.
Guess what I just bought Junie for her 3rd birthday party this Saturday....shhhh, she doesn't know yet.
These three little cuties are all about 6 months apart from eachother...
Can't wait to see which one Jame chooses to bring home to mama when he's 25.
May the best little gal win!
Some more princess action....really? The shoes? The pink toes? It's just too much cuteness! Stop!
The decor that I was oh-so proud of crafting....and evidently spent so much time making that I was completely out of energy to cook, thus the Dominos front and center.
I did manage to whip up the cupcakes at least. That is pride on a plate right there ya'll!
To sum it up, I've never had so much fun at a kid party in my life. I so enjoyed putting it together, but it was even better watching our little princess going ballistic over her gifts, playing with her friends and eating her weight in frosting (because come on, that's the best part).
This whole kid thing just gets better and better, I've gotta say!
Happy birthday Miss Hadley!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment