Time flies when you're having fun. Or I guess, time flies when you're chasing after a busy toddler and nursing a newborn every 3 hours around the clock! I survived my first week at home alone with the two kiddos, and I must say I had fun doing it. I was terrified to be left alone, there was so much build up to "2 under 2" that I seriously didn't think I was going to survive. Seriously people, you have no idea how scared this mama was. The entire time I was pregnant strangers were coming up to me left and right just speechless about the fact that I was "already pregnant". I got so many "wow you're going to have your hands full" that I thought I would deck the next person that came up to me and said that! (Blame the pregnancy hormones). And you know what, it wasn't that bad -- in fact it wasn't at all bad! It was a big week for us, we got our new routine established and explored Walla Walla to the fullest this week. We hit every park in a 5 mile radius, Hadley learned to go up the big toy and go down the slide all by herself, and by Friday we'd even made a couple of new friends. I think I'm kind of like a mini celebrity in town (a mini celebrity because of my not-so-mini stroller). Let's just say every person I pass in town says "wow that's quite a rig you've got there" or "do you have that thing licensed?" People here are great, I am loving small town USA life!
In the mean time, Coen continues to be an angel. He does eat quite frequently, but he goes back to sleep instantly at night and has the sweetest disposition. Though I have to say, he is also quite a momma's boy :) I can already tell he's going to be about a thousand times more cuddly than Hadley. And, the best part, he smiled at me for the first time the other day! It's the little things that make this all so worth it.
We're just gearing up for a quiet 4th of July here at Pioneer Park and a visit from our newest Walla Walla neighbor...Mr. Guy Gingell. Yes, that's right, Grampa couldn't stay away for long! On their way out of town Guy & Allison bought a house about 5 blocks down from us. They're planning on spending some more time here in town and renting it out as a vacation rental while they're in Seattle. We are so excited for them! More on the house later, the inspection goes down this Wednesday so cross your fingers for a good one.
Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment