Friday, March 12, 2010
St. Patrick's Day Dash - Dashed
Well the good news is: I am one of the healthiest pregnant ladies ever. My blood pressure is consistently a nice & low 102/60, I passed both my glucose exam and my iron check with flying colors and I've gained a modest 15 pounds so far at 30+ weeks (yes, never you mind that I started out nearly 15 pounds heavier than with Hadley this time around). Bad news: the baby for some reason thinks his birthday should be in March rather than May...he got his M months mixed up maybe? I just spent 4 nice long hours back and forth between seeing the OB, getting an ultrasound (during which we put to bed any question that this baby might not be a boy. DEFINITELY a boy), being hooked up to the non-stress monitor for nearly an hour all with the result that I am on modified bed rest for the weekend to try and stop some of the contractions I've been having (and some other things, but we won't go there). Unfortunately, this Sunday I was all set to walk in the St. Patty's Day Dash but that will not be happening. (Even more unfortunately, my Dr. is running in the dang thing so even if I did want to sneak, I'd probably get caught). I've been told to take it super easy for the weekend and come back on Monday for more tests - she said, and I quote "your husband should do absolutely everything this weekend". I like it! If on Monday it seems that my progress towards labor has stopped, then I'll just be told to take it down a notch on playdates / walks etc...If I'm heading even further down the path to an early labor (fingers HUGELY crossed that this will not be the case) then I will be on some sort of bed rest. I don't even want to think about the logistics of THAT! So please send some calming, relaxing vibes my way and pray for the best. Will update on Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sending so much love and good thoughts your way. Hang in there and take it easy, please.
Big hug from Arizona!
Janie
Post a Comment