I have to admit I was initially a little apprehensive about turning thirty. My twenties were nothing short of amazing. For starters, I met Andy, who I am forever grateful for and will always be in love with. He is my other half and I could not be more blessed to call him my husband. I can't tell you how many times in a day I think to myself how lucky I am to have him. I started a career that I enjoy and know that it is something I will always have to fall back on when the kids are grown up. I moved to Europe and traveled more than most people get to in a life time. The experience of living in Zurich was one in a million. I had two beautiful children who I know are my entire purpose in life, they are my heart and soul and I cannot imagine life without them. We bought our first real house - one that I will always be able to call my dream house - and a home that our kids will be proud to call theirs. After ten years like that, it's hard to imagine the next ten being any better, more exciting, or more fulfilling. But on the morning of my thirtieth birthday, I awoke with an overwhelming sense of gratitude to God for blessing me with such a beautiful life thus far, and feeling confident that although I don't know what the next ten years will hold, I know they are going to rival my twenties (in a very good way). I am so very content in life. I don't know what I did to deserve all of this.
Andy threw me the most wonderful birthday party. He set up the whole thing, I didn't lift a finger and didn't have to cook or get anything ready (a treat in itself). At 3:30 about sixty of our friends and family showed up to enjoy a delicious taco truck (courtesy of Grandma's Kitchen -- soooo good!) and a keg truck (courtesy of Pat Chase, a friend in town). The yard was all set up for the twenty or so kids that were running around playing so cute together, and although the sun was missing in action, it didn't rain as the forecast said it would -- we had an awesome time. I will never forget this party, it was everything I could've ever wanted! Thank you everyone for coming and ringing in the new decade with me!! I was having so much fun that I didn't get many pictures - but here are the highlights at least:








No comments:
Post a Comment