Thursday, June 16, 2011

June

I *think* that it's safe to say summer has finally arrived in Walla Walla.  Despite being a tad chillier than would be ideal, it is so nice to finally see green grass and blue skies.  After a longer than usual winter, one so cold that it killed off our 100 year old rose bush, the kids and I have been eating it up - thus the reason the blog has sat untouched since the big birthday bash. 

The Work Update:
Andy has been spending morning noon and night closing on what I'm sure is the first of many real estate transactions.  We bought a buliding!  The family business will be moving into it some time in September after Ryan gets done remodling the inside.  I'll try to get some before and after photos going later.  But for now -- our new home away from home:  117 E Rose:

Andy is totally in his element working with Bruce.  He is loving doing taxes and even more he's loving streamlining some of the processes (or shall I say all of the processes) at the office.  I am pretty sure he was born to be a small business owner, and it's so great to finally see him totally fulfilled by his work.  After years in big corporate public accounting, this is a welcome change of pace!  I am continuing to work about two days a week while the kids are with their favorite babysitter (Maddi) and her yorkie (Louie).  She is a godsend, don't know what we would do without her!

We also joined the country club (still makes me laugh a little to admit this) for "networking" purposes...read: golf membership.  However, there is an excellent pool plus kiddie pool and I actually survived a trip with both kids by myself the other day.  So I think this will be a fun addition to our summer activities!

The Kiddo Update:
The kids just keep getting bigger and better :)  They are full fledged best friends, and I am so enamored with watching their relationship develop.  Call it the only child in me, but I am thrilled that they have each other.  They do absolutely everything together, including nap which has been a god send, I was so over spending the whole winter juggling three separate naps between the two of them.  Now they both take a nap from about 1-3 every day, and both are sleeping 12-13 hours at night.  Most mornings we don't even hear a peep out of them until past 8.  Pretty sure we hit the sleep jackpot on those two!  That's not to say we don't have our work cut out though.  Man, toddlers can be little bi-polar nut cases at times!  Sorry, did I say that out loud?

Hadley is getting the first of her final four molars (praise the LORD, I hate teething and am ready to be done with it!) and Jameson is working on his first set of molars, which has resulted in a few wake-ups in the night.  But really, it's sort of nice to see him and have our little snuggle moments in the night when all is quiet.  It sure is better than waking up six times a night with a newborn! 

Hadley is working on quitting the binky. What used to be a bed time only crutch has turned into a full blown addiction.  I'm seriously thinking at fifteen we'll be driving her to Binkaholics Anonymous "Hello, my name is Hadley and I'm a binky addict".  Parenting is tough some times.  I can't decide rather I really think binkies are a big deal or if it's just the pressure from seeing other two and a half year olds not having them that makes me think they need to take a hike.  Either way, I did take them away from Jameson (which he surprisingly didn't care in the LEAST about) the other day so at least one of my kids is binky free. 

Hmmm, what else.  Hadley talks non-stop. She says all kinds of hilarious things, some probably not appropriate for the blog but hey, we're so far down in this post maybe we'll see if ya'll are still reading.  The other day she & I were taking a shower (saves time, she loves it, I think we're good for a while without causing any long term damage) and as we're getting dried off she points at me and says "hey, that's mommy's butt crack!".  I was a bit taken aback, where did my child learn the word butt crack?  Certainly not from me.  So I say "What did you say?".  She says "Mommy's buttcrack!  Right there!  I see it!".  She is endless entertainment to say the least.  She loves to go on walks pushing her baby in her stroller (totally swore I'd never let my toddler drag around the stroller but I must say it is pretty cute.  And she insists on dressing herself in non-matching clothing with different shoes on the wrong feet, and changing into some variation of this same outfit at least six times a day.  I even tried to clean out her drawers and leave only things that could be appropriately "mixed and matched" but she still manages to come up with some awesome outfits.

Did my little butt crack anticdote wake you up?  Still reading?

A few weeks ago Hadley started referring to me as 'honey".  Example: "Honey, I want another cookie, honey".  She never ceases to crack me up.

Jameson is almost the size of Hadley, he's about two pounds shy, but she makes up for it in height.  It'll definitely be a while before he passes her, but when they're sitting down everyone just thinks I have twins.  Jameson is a lot like Hadley, not talking much at the age of one, but he makes the most adorable grunts / monster noises and he's always pointing at everything to get your attention.  He does say mama, dada, baba, hi (to everyone he sees), doggie, cracker and uh-oh.  He LOVES dogs.  Like, freaks out with excitement every time he sees one.  And he has ZERO fear of anything.  At the park the other day he jumped off a three foot drop, landed, got up and climbed the big toy to do it again (at which point I stopped him).  He is a rough and tumble little boy, but he's also extremely sensitive and gentle and very sweet.  He still loves me more than anyone in the world, which I adore. 

He also loves the pool to an alarming degree, so much so that I don't think he realizes the danger whatsoever.  I'm contemplating staging a controlled accident where the little man goes in the pool (with me or Andy there to catch him in the water) so that maybe he'll clue in that he does not in fact want to go in face first by himself....is that a bad idea?

A few of our friends started referring to Jameson as 'dumpster baby' because he is always filthy.  This is not for his mother's lack of trying to keep him clean, but he manages to get himself into whatever he can to make it look like I picked him up on the side of the road.  He also eats everything he can find off the floor, even if it's been there for a month.  He eats rocks, dirt, sand etc. too...I guess boys will be boys!  But let's hope he grows out of this soon!

I can't think of much else, so I'm going to go ahead and attach a ton of pictures to finish up my blogging duties for the month.  In the mean time, we are heading to Seattle next week for what was supposed to be me running the half marathon.  However, Doogie Howser (my Doctor who appears to be about 17 years old) called me with the results of my x-ray from this morning which confirmed I do have a medium sized stress fracture in my shin.  Something I could've told you without spending $1,500 on an x-ray I'm sure.  But it's nice to know it's not all in my head and I can get on with the healing process and hopefully be running again within a month or so.  We're still headed to Seattle for a LONG overdue visit to many of our friends and family.  Should be fun! 

And without further ado....a lot of pictures.

I love his curls and am going to bawl my eyes out when/if we ever cut his hair.

 Two peas in a pod.

Are we in London? Cause that sure looks like a double decker bus to me...

This photo sums up our childrenperfeclty.  Jameson can't hold still to save his life and Hadley got herself dressed in this lovely outfit :)

Our favorite spot to walk to when Andy gets off work.  We have a running bet on which of the kids will fall in first and which of us parents will end up diving in after them :)

 Still loving that 8pm bedtime so Mommy & Daddy can do things like this in the evening!

Popsicles...buying in bulk this summer.

Hadley taking daddy and her baby on a walk.

The lawn at Whitman College, a couple blocks from our house.  If you look closely, you will pick out both Hadley & Jameson running as far away from us as possible.  They are like one person.

Our good friend Wade (who is about to become a big brother any day now) giving Hads a rid on his rig.

Well that concludes my mid Summer update.  Have a wonderful week my friends!  


No comments: