In all the hype of my second mother's day, it occurred to me that I didn't give MY mom a proper shout out. Let me start by saying - that's her in the picture above. Like actually her riding her 650cc Yamaha V-star like she means it. The lady is a bada**! She takes on new challenges without hesitation and has more courage in her pinky finger than most big guys have altogether. It goes beyond motorcycles and summiting mountains and running marathons (Pike's Peak most recently - not for the faint of heart) though...She's an amazing mom, she's always been a best friend to me, and it's so fun to see her becoming one of Hadley's best friends too. We have so much fun together, she's there for me at the drop of a hat and she's tougher than anyone I know, both physically and emotionally. She has always been there for me in all my big decisions in life, not pushing any agenda, but quietly listening and encouraging me. I shudder to think what my life would be like without her...she's someone I look up to and can't even express how much respect I have for her as a mom, a friend, a gramma and a person.
Mom - we all love you! Thank you for being you.

No comments:
Post a Comment