Monday, February 7, 2011

Poop

Don't worry, I won't include a picture! 

Ok, so anyone that knows us, knows that Andy & I do not discuss poop.  Like, ever.  I don't poop, he doesn't poop - no one in this family poops! 

Except for, drumroll please, miss Hadley! 

I will be the first to admit, I would be happy if my kid stayed in a diaper until she's 4.  I have my hands full over here and potty training has been the last thing on my mind.  However, I am learning as I go here, and I have learned that it doesn't so much matter what's on my mind, but what is on Hadley's mind. 

All the Grandmas kept telling me that Hadley was ready to potty train, and I totally ignored them.  I even ignored when Grandma Allison brought over two super cute matching pottys (upstairs & downstairs) a potty calendar and potty treats...totally ignored it. 

Well, I can officially tell you that my kid didn't ignore it, in fact, she went gangbusters on that thing and I kid you not, potty trained herself today.  I still have her in a diaper, mostly cause I don't have any big kid undies for her yet, but not ONCE today did she actually go in it.  Every time (#1 & #2) she had to go, she whipped that thing off so fast and went running to the bathroom to use the pot, much to my chagrin! 

So I guess that's that!  Now mommy just needs to get on board and figure out how we're going to approach trips out of the house and night time and all that, but I think it's pretty safe to say that not only are we a mere 6 days from having only one child under the age of two, dare I say it -- we're about to have only one in diapers!

Time for another?

(Totally kidding)

1 comment:

West Coast Scribe said...

That is AWESOME, Hadley! You won't believe this, but I just tinkled in the big potty for the first time tonight - twice! I'm so excited about this development so you and I need to keep up the excellent work.
XOXO,
Emma