Saturday, February 12, 2011

Two.

Today the little girl who made me a mommy turns two years old!  Yep, I'm definitely going to cry.  I will never forget how I felt the moment I first saw her at 10:42pm, how nervous I was the day we brought her home to our apartment in Zurich, the way I felt when she took her first steps on Christmas day at the house I grew up in, how happy it made me the first time she said "mommy" when I was tucking her in for bed.  It is hard to imagine that two years have already gone by.  I remember every little thing like it was yesterday, and I hope I always do.  I could not love her more, or be more proud of her as a little person.  I am so looking forward to years to come but at the same time I want to freeze time and never forget her right now, all the little things about her. Her messy blonde bed head, how she swaps her binkys in her sleep, how she smells like a cabbage patch doll because she is forever carting hers around, that she'll only eat oatmeal 99% of the time, the way she says "dowy and bowie" for daddy & buddy, how she laughs when I tickle her, how she has little toddler conversations with her brother about what he should eat and where he should go (she's bossy!)...this kid is the whole package.  She is smart, funny, beautiful, independent, defiant, opinionated, and above all, the the most amazing little girl I've ever met (I might be just a tad biased).  At times, she can make me want to pull my hair out, or have a drink with lunch, but mostly she just makes me smile and want to keep her safe forever and ever. 

Happy 2nd birthday Hadley Rose Block.  You are one in a million.

2 comments:

Sarah K said...

Happy Birthday to Hadley! I remember following your blog when you were in Zurich and being so excited that you too were having a February baby. Time certainly flies. Enjoy her to the fullest today!

West Coast Scribe said...

YAY, Hadley! Isn't it great being 2?
Love you!
Emma