I'm a little late in my father's day posting (due to the big move) but I wanted to take a break from the chaos to say something about our Dada. There is something so amazing about watching your husband become a father...I always knew Andy would be a good dad, but I wasn't really prepared for what an amazing one he would actually be. He is the kind of dad that always stops whatever he's doing to play with our Hadley - he gets down on the floor and plays with the heart of a kid and you can just see her little eyes light up when she's with Dada. She goes racing to the door yelling "Daaaadddddyyyy" the second she hears him coming in, even if it's only been 2 minutes since she last saw him. He's the kind of dad that never missed a middle of the night feeding (with either baby, so I should say "never misses" :). He's the kind of dad that gets up every morning with Hadley while Coen and I sleep in a little bit, and he never complains. He is the kind of dad that won't let me take Hadley's binkys away because as he says "she loves them". He is the kind of dad that started driving 40 mph on the freeway the moment his precious cargo hit the back seat. And he's the kind of dad that I know will always take care of us, will always teach our kids all kinds of things that I would never think of, take them places most have never dreamed of, and push them to be the best versions of themselves they can be. I am so blessed to have Andy as my parenting partner, and I thank the heavens every day for him, and I know our kids will too when they grow up. They really have no idea how lucky they are yet, but they will!
We love you Dada, and are so thankful for you.
Love Shan, Hadley & Coen

No comments:
Post a Comment