I typically read most of my posts to Andy before I publish them. He'll add the occassional anecdote but for the most part he is a man of few words when it comes to blogging. Well, when I read him my tribute to Seattle he wanted to know if I was going to include the top five things we WON'T miss about city life. I couldn't help but think, the man has a solid point - we are pretty darn excited to bust out of the city and live in a small town! So - here is Andy's (and mine, really, I'm in agreement on all counts) top five things we will not miss about Seattle:
# 5: Traffic. All day every day, traffic. We hate that it takes us at least 30 minutes to travel the one mile from our place to I-90 no matter what time of day we leave!
# 4: Paying to park. Everywhere.
# 3: The elevator. As in the elevator in our building. Yep, won't miss it.
# 2: Rain during the months of May through September.
and...
The #1 thing we will not miss about Seattle: Driving at least an hour each way to visit friends who live "in Seattle". (No offense to all you suburb dwellers - you all have lovely homes, and we love visiting you. But, this is afterall, Andy's list, I am merely the messenger).
No comments:
Post a Comment