Sunday, September 5, 2010

18 Months


Well we knew she was a peanut! We were a little late on the 18 month Dr. visit due to the move, but on Sept 3rd (at 18.5 months) Hadley checked in at:  21 lbs 2 oz (still rockin the 5th %), 32.5 inches (50th%), head 90% (big brain, the little smarty pants). Dispproportionate, but oh-so-pretty!

18 months is so much fun, it's challenging, but fun. It is amazing to have conversations with Hadley. You can see her little eyes light up when she knows she's done something good and she claps and says "good job" in her toddler speak. She now knows all of her body parts, just about every animal sound and is quite good at roaring like a lion (that's her favorite), is starting to count "1-2-3" (thank you Deven for teaching us "THREE!"), she's got a vocabulary of about 40 words (including the word "backhoe"), she loves shoes, loves to hug & kiss, runs absolutely everywhere, is proficient with forks / spoons / drinking out of normal cups without sippy lids (such a big girl! though we still cuddle while having a bottle at night), is so so so wonderful with her little brother (it took her a while to get used to him but she is soooo good now, she gives him his binky when he cries and is always giving him kisses.  Something that I'm sure around juinor high will have to stop :).

I remember the first time I started these posts about the various ages, and I can't believe how much has changed and how fast she has grown up.  It is bittersweet to watch her turn from a baby to a little girl with opinions (lots of them).  I wish we could stop time!  Love you, Hadley Roo. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: