Dear Coen,
On the 22nd you turned 4 months old. Where has the time gone, is what I'd like to know! You went from waking up every 2-3 hours around the clock as a newborn, to sleeping like an angel at the age of 10 weeks. You are a completely perfect baby if I do say so myself. You love grabbing toys and stuffing them in your mouth, I can't tell you how many strangers have declared "he must be teething!" when they see you. Although you will roll from front to back, you haven't rolled the opposite way yet. But no matter, you can scoot yourself across the entire room on your back. Who needs crawling?
You LOVE Hadley. Every time she comes at you you smile a huge gummy grin as if you're saying "bring it on sister!" You put up with a lot of hugs and kisses, that's for sure. You've recently taken to pulling things over your head when you sleep, which gives mommy a heart attack of course.
You have big blue eyes, a smile that is ready for anyone, anytime, and the cutest / chubbiest little cheeks and thighs. You are nearly the same size as your "big" sister. In fact, you wear the same size diapers as her, which makes it nice & easy to shop for you two. I can take you anywhere and know that you will go with the flow. (At the moment you're on the floor next to me in your bouncer smiling away, squealing at the monkeys and trying to get my attention, so I'll make this quick.)
Coen, I am so glad you are here. Having two kids under two is not the easiest thing I've done in my life. But if we hadn't done it, it wouldn't be you, and I can't imagine a life without you. I can't wait for you to grow up and hear what you have to say about everything, but at the same time I wish you'd stay this way forever.
Love you little boy,
Mommy
P.S. This morning at the Dr. you weighed 14 lbs 9 oz (50th %) were 25.5 inches long (50th%) and your head, of course, is in the 90th %! And this is you:

No comments:
Post a Comment