Caitlin (Woolman) Mariani and I met each other on our first day of 7th grade, back in 1993, at Leota Jr. High. We were sitting next to one another in Mrs. Barnfather's art class. I was so nervous about making friends that day and she welcomed me right in. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Since that day, we've seen each other through everything you can imagine. I think one of the best parts of having a friend for this long is looking back and marveling at how much we've changed over the years, but also how we're really still the same girls we were in Mrs. B's art class. It's all gone by in a flash really, and much has changed, but what remains is my friend Caitlin is still beautiful inside and out. We have a great time together -- so when she & her husband Simmon made the trip over to Walla, we knew we'd have a relaxing, wonderful weekend -- and that's just what we did! We did our signature Saturday walk to the Farmer's Market, grabbed coffee and brunch, and enjoyed the crisply sunny October day. We also managed a trip to Beresan winery and enjoyed such beautiful atmosphere, adults drank wine contentedly while the kiddos (well one kid really) chased all the dogs through the vineyards. We also snagged our favorite babysitter for Saturday night and enjoyed a delicious (if not completely gluttonous meal) at T. Macs.
So glad Cait & Si made it over -- I know there will be many more visits in years to come. Please come back soon!
Another gem from the weekend, Andy proving to me that taking care of two kids and drinking wine is "really not that hard" ;)
I'm pretty sure Hadley misses Simmon & Caitlin already, she has so much fun with them:




No comments:
Post a Comment