Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sleep woes


It's really hard to be mad at someone who is this cute. Ok, I'm not mad at him, but this sleep thing is killing me! Coen was quite a hungry little man from day one. For the first 10 weeks of his life I fed him, no lie, every 2 hours around the clock. Looking back, I'm not totally sure how I pulled it off and still made it to all of our daily activities / walks / playdates, kept the house (somewhat) clean, cooked dinner, played with Hadley etc. etc. etc. I think I was just barely making it to be honest. Then, at 10 weeks, it's like something clicked and suddenly this little person went from waking every 2 hours, to sleeping between 10 and 12 hours straight. It was magical! I thought we had cleared the hurdle, I thought we were on the upswing...Well, I was wrong! I don't know what happened, but the last few weeks (at first I blamed a growth spurt, now I'm not so sure) he has been waking up close to 10 times a night. If he wasn't so cute I'd probably consider sending him back to God with a little thank you note!

So I've decided that tonight we are going to make some big changes (no binky falling out and waking him up etc) and attempt to get this kid sleeping again. I am cool with one, even two wake ups for bottles or whatever...but ten, no can do, Coen, no can do!

Wish me luck blog friends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: