Sunday, November 28, 2010

Give Thanks

So much to be thankful for this year, I don't even know where to begin.  For starters, we were able to spend our first Thanksgiving as a family of four in our new home.  My mom & Loren braved the mountain passes in major snow and ice to spend it with us, and thank goodness they did because I couldn't have pulled off the whole dinner without my mom.  It was quite chaotic for a while there cooking a full Thanksgiving meal with Hadley running around and Jameson trying to scoot after her, but alas, we did it and it was delicious!   We celebrated just the four of us after both kids were asleep (in order to acheive maximum food enjoyment for mom & dad) and even used our wedding china for the first time ever.

Thursday we (including my Dad & Allison) trucked over to Vicki's for a very different type of celebration from the Wednesday night meal.  Vicki & Bruce have a huge family, so it was no surprise that there were 30 people in attendance, and as always, the food was beyond delicious.  For some reason every time I come home from Vicki & Bruce's I realize I didn't take a single picture.  I swear I will fix this over Christmas...I did get one photo of Andy's uncle Dave playing with Jameson though!


What a wonderful holiday...the snow added such a magical element and both dinners could not have been more enjoyable.


Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

No comments: