Monday, November 15, 2010
Public Service Announcement
Apologies to those of you we didn't get to tell before we made this official...
For those of you with kids out there, have you ever second guessed the name you chose for your baby? Well, I did. I kept waiting for my slight disappointment in the name we chose (Coen) to go away. I kept waiting for it to fit him...and nearly 6 months down the road I'm finding that it's just not working. I call him Buddy. Which while cute now...imagine a 30 year old named Buddy Block. It is my personal belief that you shouldn't have to name your kid until they are one so you can really get to know them first. I mean, really, kind of a strange concept picking a name out before you even meet someone!
I decided to look into my options. To my total surprise, I found out the process of changing a baby's name who is still under 1 year of age, involves merely walking across the street from my office and signing a piece of paper, for free. I took this as an enormous sign that the stars were aligning to make this happen. Once I found all that out, I just had to get my husband on board :) The good part is, Andy does like both names so he was supportive of me picking something that I truly wanted. He is wonderful, isn't he?
Jameson is the boys name that I have loved forever and ever...So, without further ado...
We'd like to (re) introduce Jameson Coen Andrew Block
This marks the official end of the great naming debate of Baby Dos. Thanks for hanging in there with us, folks.
xo Andy, Shannon, Hadley & Jameson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go, you guys! This is wonderful news and Jameson Coen won't really remember any of it, probably getting a kick out of it once he hears the story one day.
Big hugs!
Janie
Post a Comment